This course is suitable for all governors. For governors at secondary school it relates to their statutory responsibilities, but the course is also relevant to governors in primary schools to raise awareness amongst people engaging with younger children.
The training course will cover
- What is FGM?
- Harms and survivors' perspectives
- Prevalence locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- FGM and the law; mandatory reporting duty
- Risk factors and indicators
- Safeguarding and reporting: what to do if schools suspect FGM
By the end of the course you will understand/be able to:
- Identify risk factors, pre- and post-indicators of FGM
- Understand your school's mandatory reporting duties under the law
- Know what to do if you suspect FGM
All governor training is bookable via the traded services website or email email@example.com. To be added as a user please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other queries about this training please contact Freida.M'Cormack@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
Secondary and primary school governors.